Why Out of Network PT may be less expensive than In-Network PT?
As consumers get savvier about shopping for health care, some are finding a curious trend: More hospitals, imaging centers, outpatient surgery centers and pharmacy chains will give them deep discounts if they pay cash instead of using insurance. Of course this also applies to Physical Therapy clinics.
If you have high deductible and not met, you often find that out of Network provider rates are much lower than In Network provider. Wall Street Journal published an article “How to Cut Your Health-Care Bill: Pay Cash”. Click Here to read it.
If you have met In Network deductible, below is an illustration of financial picture of a typical patient care compared with In Network and Out of Network.
This illustration is an attempt to educate potential patients who are considering PT care so they can take an informed decision. Each patient should do own their research per their insurance benefits. In our experience single biggest factor why, our patients get cured within average of 4-6 visits vs national average of 18, is due to our innovative and highly personalized care of PT during each visit.
|Description||Out of Network||In Network|
|Avg. Number of Visits||4-6||12-18|
|Avg. cost per visit||$140||$50|
|Total cost of care||$560-$840||$600-$900|
|Time Spent with PT||240-360 Min||180-270 Min|
|Cost per minute with PT||$2.33||$3.33|
|Total Time spent including driving||8-12 Hours||24-36 Hours|
|Total Time Saved||16-24 Hours||———-|
It’s obvious that the total cost of care could be less or similar compared to In Network PT.
It’s up to you to determine the value of those extra 16-24 hours! 2-3 full working days!
As Warren Buffet says, “Cost is what you pay, value is what you receive.”
With our concierge model:
- We provide insurance paperwork so you can get reimbursed by your insurance if you have out of network benefits.
- Our services are HSA/FSA eligible medical expenses so you could potentially save an average $32.65 per every $100 spent. (Assuming 25% tax bracket and 7.65% Medicare/Social Security Tax).
- Same day appointments
- We are not closed during business hours which mean you can get through by phone and have an appointment during lunch hours.
- We have a policy of wait time of 10 minutes or less.
- Most importantly, if for any reason your issue can’t be helped by us, we will make an appointment for you with the appropriate Doctor’s office.