Muscle tightness can happen for a variety of reasons. They can range from fatigue to stress to dehydration. Whatever the cause, muscle tightness leads to pain. Below are some ways to help relieve tight muscles.
- Ice: The coldness of ice reduces inflammation, a potential source of muscle pain.
- Heat: This can help a tense muscle relax into a non-stressed state.
- Stretching: Keep it in a pain-free range.
- Hydration: Drink more water
- Medical intervention: If the above strategies fall short, seek medical help.
If your pain is constant or severe, seeking out medical help is advised. A physical therapist or doctor can help you discover the root cause of your muscle pain and plan a course of treatment accordingly.