You might be roaming about to have a solution for your hip pain, perhaps a bit tense. But no worries, our River Oaks Physical Therapy & Wellbeing has a superb solution to this problem. Hip pain is a common issue with thousands of people from all walks of life. We put huge stress on the hip in many ways and at a stage, it begins to backfire. Or there might be an unexpected injury. Then we cannot but think of a therapeutic approach. And luckily physical therapies are exercise-based, enjoyable. You just need to choose the right therapy hub to overcome this pain.
Hip and its functionsIn anatomy, the hip is the joint between the thighbone and the pelvis and the area adjacent to it. This joint is all about a ball-and-socket. A lining tissue named Synovium surrounds the hip joint and produces necessary fluid. The thigh bone or femur and the pelvis are two vital bones. And the round head of our thighbone facilitates the limb rotates freely. It connects the leg to the trunk of the body.
Common symptoms of hip painThe hip pain may arise from the hip front or you may feel it at the side of the hip. Discovering the exact location of the pain eases the treatment process. While suffering from hip pain you will find some common signs. These are as follows:
- Loss of motion
- Groin pain
- Difficulty sleeping on the hip
Common causes of hip painWe want our patients to be knowledgeable. It will help them narrate their problem histories properly. So here we present the most common causes of hip pain. These are -
- Hip fractures
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Septic arthritis
- Muscle train
- Gaucher’s disease
- Hip labral tear
When to take actionThere are certain conditions when you must take your hip pain seriously and act thereby. Whenever you see you are unable to move your leg or hip, or you feel the hip joint displaced, or there is extreme pain you must meet a doctor immediately. Also, there might be infectious symptoms like chills or redness. Sometimes you may fail to bear a heavy thing. Generally, in such cases, doctors do recommend physical therapy after their treatment.
How we will defeat your hip painThe hip pain may be periodic or chronic i.e. long-run. We should try our best to avoid the risk factors. However, if unfortunately, you fall victim there is no good alternative to physical therapy. It will help curb the signs and gradually ensure your functional mobility. Anyways, let us share the overall treatment approach of River Oaks Physical Therapy & Wellbeing. You will have the best service in Houston here!
- Initial Evaluation: We start with an initial evaluation when a patient comes to us. It demands a proper diagnosis. At this stage, you as a patient will describe your problem history to our hip pain specialist. He or she may want to see the medical reports especially if it is due to an injury. Based on the history, the specialist may suggest some therapy like stretching, joint stabilization, strength measurement, palpation, heat/ice ultrasound, range of motion measurement, gait evaluation, electric stimulation, balance training, etc.
- Setting the plan: After the initial assessment, depending on the precise cause of the pain your therapist and you will set the plan together. If it is okay to maintain home-based sessions then the therapist may instruct you on cold packs, non-weight-bearing, anti-inflammatory medications, etc. On the other hand, you might need to join combined therapy sessions at our River Oaks center. We have enough space to conduct them in an entertaining mood.
- Focus on drug-free, non-surgical life: We emphasize relieving our patients from pain as well as drugs or any surgical experience. We have established this therapy hub with this goal. You will have all the progressive treatments herein at River Oaks. Also, we do comprise the latest technologies to defeat your hip pain ultimately.
- Exclusive exercises:We do include the best exercises for our patients. These are as follows:
- External hip rotation: You will sit on the floor. Bending the knees your both legs will be before you. You will need to place your hands on the knees and push them down to the floor. Each stretch should take 10 seconds.
- Double hip rotation: You need to lie flat on the floor. Bring the bended knees toward the body. Let your feet be flat just like your back. Then gently rotate the knees to the left lowering them toward the floor. During this, keep rotating the head to face the right. It should take 20-30 seconds. Then repeat the same on the opposite side.
- Hip flexion: You will need to stand upright. Then start raising one knee to the hip level slowly while keeping the left leg straight. Then repeat with the left knee. Around 10 repetitions are enough.
- Knee life: Lying on the back you will keep lifting your leg straight pulling the knee toward the chest. Use both hands to pull knees and hold the stretch up to 10 seconds only.
- Heel-to-buttock exercise: You will need to stand upright with the legs straight. Bending the knee you need to bring the heel up toward the respective buttock with the top of the feet touching the floor. Let each leg do it at least 5-10 times.
- Cooperation for necessary papers: We aim to ensure your physical wellbeing that will hopefully turn into mental peace. At the same time, we do sincerely cooperate so that you can easily have the necessary insurance facility. In need, our board-certified therapist will provide you with a script. It will help you get insurance. This will be beneficial to maintain all medical and therapy-related expenses.
Physical Therapy for Hip PainOur physical therapists can treat the following causes of hip pain and discomfort:
- Sciatica pain
- Hip Arthritis
- Trochanteric Bursitis
- Anterior hip pain
- Lateral hip pain
Schedule an Appointment with a Physical TherapistSo contact a River Oaks PT today to get rid of your hip pain. We are standing by to assist you!
"We were recommended to Teresa by a family friend for my moms acute back and hip pain. Teresa took time during the initial visit to listen intently to the symptoms and came up with a well designed plan to help my mother. She explained the causative issue and the effects well. Her technical, medical and bed side manner is top notch. Culturally sensitive and comes directly to the core issue without wasting time. The healing and therapeutic sessions are in a family friendly and well lit space with helpful assistants always guiding, coaching and measuring progress while being sensitive to age and physical limitations. The front and back office staff are courteous and efficient. This clinic and clinicians are a blessing to Houston."
Jan N from
Sep 22, 2018